Thursday, May 6, 2010

Damian Marley? Yes please!


I have gone through "musical phases" for as long as I can remember. Some are longer than others, some are more deeply connected than others. It's not to say that any of the music pops out of nowhere, it's always something that I've listened to along the way, but it's like a true reawakening to certain sounds and words. It's a welcomed phenomenon in my life. Music is probably my single biggest creative inspiration. Does it always relate directly to my designs? No. But it is what gets my creative kinetic energy moving again when I feel like I'm dead in the water.

Right now, I'm in a full fledged Damian Marley phase. I've ALWAYS listen to him, always loved his music, but it's almost like I wasn't HEARING the music until more recently. And now it's like a rainbow bomb went off in my head. I'm so much more motivated, feeling creatively strong, I'm having a new appreciation for things I was maybe beginning to take for granted. Maybe it's not ALL because of the music, but the music certainly was the catalyst. It's a weird phenomenon, this musical phase thing. I'm always in awe of how struck I can be with music almost instantaneously. It's like a light switch goes on and the sun comes out. I think it's my one TRUE love. Music is always there for you. Or at least it's always been there for me :)

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my thoughts with you all. Thanks to Damian Marley's music I'm feeling renewed right now, and I can't say I hate it! Can't wait for the Distant Relatives album on May 18th! Woohoo! Ok ok, it's time for me to be productive but I'll leave you with the song I woke up with in my head this morning...

0 comments: