Monday, February 1, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up : Sundance & Home Decorating




Wowza! I haven't blogged in quite a long time! What's going on with that?! So sorry all, sometimes my brain gets all A.D.D. on me and it's all I can do to just hold on for the ride :) I promise I've been absent for good reason! Let me explain...

Well first off, as you may or may not know, The Sundance Film Festival was this past week! To my utter euphoria, I was involved in an amazing art collaboration of video shorts that screened at Sundance on Friday! So exciting! Wahoo! So, that ate up quite a bit of my time last week, taking away from my blog of course :( It was all worth it though, I watched the screening via a Live Feed on the internet and I'm not sure I've ever had such an extreme overwhelming sense of pride in my life! It was truly otherworldly to see some of my contributions make it to Sundance! YAY!

Aside from the hoopla of Sundance, I've been spending a lot of time conceptualizing/sketching new designs for my Etsy Shop! As well as coming up with fun new ideas to make your A.N. Original Jewelry experience more fantastical! Oh yes, I'm also putting together some bead DESTASH lots to make room for new gemstones...yippie! Stay tuned if you want to get a sweet deal :)

Last but not least, I've been obsessed with trying to revamp my bedroom. I'm in an apartment so I'm avoiding the paint situation, although I'd really LOVE to paint, gah! I searched far and wide for a new duvet cover but opted to stay with the one I have for now and choose to revamp the artwork in my room. This is where you come in...

See, I have lovely Red/Cream Toile patterned Pottery Barn bedding, with accents of red around my room, as well as very vintage-y old hollywood looking lamps and floaty drapes that are a gradiation of sage green.Now, what I need from you is your assistance in choosing a huge ol' painting for above my bed! I have a thing for Vintage Ad Art, they are all over my apt so I think thats the style I'm going with! I also have a thing for monstrously oversized art...so all of these prints would be purchased in a very LARGE size :)

I've narrowed it down to these 3 options, HELP ME CHOOSE! Which one do you think would be most majestic and fabulous?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the 1st one!

christen [good day sunshine] said...

my vote is for the first one too!

Kelley said...

I also vote for the Absinthe poster! It has a lot of detail that I think would look great in a large size.

Jennifer said...

I vote for the 1st one. I really like the green background color

Pattie said...

First one!

And, welcome back :)

tennyoceres said...

For your bedroom right? I'd go with the second one. It'll remind you of those old time Hollywood rooms, where you're working and flirting with the cute intern at the same time ;D

prettylittlepearl said...

I agree with the first one... Love the colors and elegance. The second one is too sharp for a bedroom and the thrid one is to mainstream. Plus, I love Alphonse Mucha!

Post pics when you get it done! Cant wait to see

Jessica @ AbellaBlue.com said...

I actually have the first one hanging on my wall, so I would say go with that one :)