Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quarter Life Crisis


The feeling of spinning your wheels is one I will never get used to. That nagging feeling of helplessness. Working hard, being proactive, and getting nowhere in spite of all your efforts. Nothing changes. Your stuck. Your here. And maybe your never leaving "here". That's truly horrifying to me. The thought is enough to sink the strongest of ships.

It's easy to feel cheated. We're told to dream away as kids, shoot for the stars, we can be whoever we want to be. Yadda, yadda, gold star, thumbs up. But what happens when reality smacks you in the face? Life isn't much like how you pictured it to be back then. That's a hard pill to swallow. Welcome to my quarter life crisis.

I took this picture a few nights ago, a weird foreshadowing of how I'm feeling today. Thanks a lot, universe. Let's try for something marginally more upbeat tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lrc said...

I seem to have a crisis every so often...maybe every 2 or 3 years. I think that sometimes it can be the fuel to do something interesting, something new. My motto is, try and make a different mistake every day!

Amy said...

awww, bff!! It will be better tomorrow!

Kelley said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I really, really do!

Hug!!