Friday, January 1, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding: Meet Lindsay & Mike


"Did we just become Best Friends? Yup!" ~ Step Brothers

It's so weird how quickly time passes. Years go by and you hardly blink an eye, at least that's how it seems. When all of a sudden you wake up and your best friend is engaged, it's a clear sign that your not 16 anymore...

World, meet Lindsay and Mike. Lindsay has been my best friend for years and years, my eternally goofy other half. We are known to have a unique sense of humor and no limit to the number of times we can laugh in one day. Mike entered the scene pretty soon after my friendship with Lindsay really blossomed and we all had a blast with our little troop of best friends being carefree teenagers with few worries aside from our dates to Prom and who was responsible for coming up with our weekly "Monday Funday" activities. I miss those days a lot lately. Life inevitably took us in different directions once college came around, but here we are years later and still friends. I think even if we don't see each other nearly as much as we used to, we still have that unspoken bond, which I rarely take the time to appreciate these days it seems, until I am reminded just how much older we all are and just how long ago those days were.

While it's sad to think of how fleeting my youth is, it's equally as cool to be able to say I was able to see Mike and Lindsay's relationship develop from the very beginning into what it is today. You might even say I had a little hand in helping to align the stars for them to initially get them together. I think bittersweet is the perfect word to describe this situation, so happy for the 2 of them and excited for their future but also a little sad to say goodbye to all of our former childhood selves. So, I leave you with my very favorite picture of the happy couple, taken at the beginning of it all, when they were just young whippersnappers...

Congratulations Mike and Lindsay! I am so happy for you both, and I love the crap out of you both, even if I'm not as present as I used to be :) Here's to you, and Magnolia.

2 comments:

Amy said...

what a lovely sentiment! You should use that as a toast at their wedding!

You are truly blessed to have that friendship!

Lindsay Miakisz said...

AWW!! You made me cry! You put it all so well!! I miss the old days too, but we have to make a pact that its not going to be the end to our "childhood days!" I still feel like a kid (especially when we are together). Plus, I really like Pulstiltz and I don't want to say goodbye to him. What's worse, I know that his mom would be especially mad if I did : o.

xoxo linz aka little squirrel