Saturday, January 2, 2010

I Resolve To Be AWESOME!


"Stand on the edge, and don't be afraid to fall. Take a breath and tell me what you see." ~ Lifehouse
Hey kids, like the flower? It's so cute and looks like a new beginning, don't ya think? I took this outside my house in Lake George over the summer and it's finally applicable to a post topic, sorta, so I can finally show it off!

Anyway, I know this is a day late and most likely a dollar short but, I figured I might as well try my hand out at putting these sort of thoughts out into the universe in the new year. I'm not one for resolutions or that big on the idea of "New Years" being a momentous occasion, but I suppose for the sake of the impending year, I might as well give it a whirl right?



So here it is, my list O' 2010 New Years Resolutions....

- I resolve to be generally more awesome than I was previously...

- I resolve to push myself beyond my comfort zone both personally, professionally and creatively...

- I resolve to hunt down and marry the lead singer of Mumford & Sons...

- I resolve to continue to be proactive in changing the things about my life I dislike...

- I resolve to pretend to speak French whenever possible...

- I resolve to push myself to get more serious with my photography...

- I resolve to do more things for the pure enjoyment of it, like seeking out live music whenever possible...

- I resolve to schedule a monthly game night with my mix of excellent cousins...

- I resolve to learn photoshop more efficiently so I can spare the world my very analogue editing skills...

- I resolve to reconnect with old friends...

- I resolve to remain emotionally invested in the ever evolving story of Jim & Pam on 'The Office'...

- I resolve to cook more and eat out less...

- I resolve to steadily increase my coffee consumption but to never ever drink a Red Bull...

- I resolve stay focused on the positive whenever I can possibly manage it...

- I resolve to do it instead of talking about it...

- I resolve to dance to Hall & Oates every single morning...


Most importantly I resolve to improve my blog somehow! I don't know if that will come in the form of more posts, or generally cooler content, but improvement has been officially resolved...kinda...


Anyone have any sweet resolutions to share?

8 comments:

Hannah said...

Great list!

I pretend to speak french often, but so far no one has asked me to be their mistress... Ah well!

Kelley said...

"I resolve to be generally more awesome than I was previously."

That's the best resolution I've read. I wish I had thought of it. Is it too late? Can it be my resolution too?

Tina said...

"I resolve to continue to be proactive in changing the things about my life I dislike..."

I like this one and the go get 'em attitude. :)

Athena's Armoury said...

Great resolutions! I need to come up with my list for this year. I did a pretty decent job with it last year until life got in the way, so I'm fairly hopeful. Happy New Year!

PeculiarForest said...

My resolutions tend to be the same every year! eat less, exercise more, blah blah. Maybe I will stick to them this year :)

Unknown said...

awesome resolutions! (I love the one about the Office). Good luck in keeping them, I know that I will need some in keeping mine ;)

Sandy said...

Years ago I made the one resolution I've been able to keep. I resolved to never make another New Year's resolution.

Amy said...

Ahhhhhhhh Jim and Pam!! How did I miss that one when I read this the first time??! Love your list. :)