Wednesday, January 6, 2010

500 Days of Summer {to get you through Winter} Part II feat. Ikea


After the huge response to yesterday's post I decided to share just one more scene from the movie that I consider a fave...I must be honest, it's pretty much a tie with the dance sequence for my favorite scene so prepare yourself for extreme awesomeness...

I don't know who wrote this scene (although I could easily find out with a 5 second google search, alas I am lazy..), but it's safe to say that the simplicity, quirks and playfulness of it is quite simply magical in the most un-magical way , thus making the writer/writer's my new creative hero(s). Simplicity is so overlooked and complexity is totally over-rated. This simple romp through Ikea makes me smile from ear to ear from beginning to end, and I'm not looking for any hidden messages or trying to decode anything! How refreshing is that!? Sometimes it's fun to bask in the rays of a light-hearted sun and smile...

My sister, who is a huge movie buff and film major in college made the comment when we watched it that she was relieved to see that other adults "play pretend" too. I think we're all a little relieved that it turns out that life isn't always that serious...

Hope this brings a little sunshine to your day or at least motivate you to go spend some time at Ikea! Especially if your stuck in the great white north, like me :) Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jaime/GirlLovesGloss said...

Ha love it! I really need to see this asap!

Little Gray Pixel said...

I finally got around to watching this movie the other day, and it's so good! Love the IKEA scene...

scribblescrabble said...

I ran out and bought this movie as soon as it came out on DVD. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it!