Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Laughter is the best medicine...


"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." ~Woody Allen
Sometimes, your day just doesn't go the way you planned. Maybe your entire week isn't going your way. Maybe your month hasn't gotten off on the right foot and your starting to lose hope. All of these statements are applicable to me in this moment/day/week/month etc. That said, I'm trying my best to get myself out of this unfavorable funk, even though it might take a bit of time and a considerable amount of effort on my part, I WILL prevail. My stubborn streak can in fact work in the name of good as well as evil :)

About 2 minutes ago, my day took an unexpected turn for the better. Thanks to a walk down memory lane via my iPhoto albums on my laptop, I am remembering lighter moments and just how good it feels to laugh. I love to laugh. In fact, if you know me personally, you can vouch for the fact that I do in fact crack myself up on a daily basis, even if things are less than awesome that day. Anyway, as I looked through my photos from this past summer I noticed just how many shots I have of people laughing. There's nothing I love more than a great candid photo of someone getting out a good laugh for no good reason, reacting to a joke, giggling after a klutzy moment or all of the above combined. In fact, judging by the number of laugh photos I have, I think I must stalk people until they laugh so I can photograph them doing just that!

 My very winded, and unnecessarily lengthy point being, nothing is a better remedy for your crappy day/week/month or year than a good wholesome laugh. In that moment, your not thinking about anything else but the joy your feeling when you laugh. Who doesn't love laughing until their stomach hurts? It's one of life's simplest of treasures! Thanks to all these photos I've taken of my friends and family laughing in the past, I was able to bring a smile to my face in the present and begin on the road to getting myself out from under this storm cloud that's been hovering over my life for the past few days...

Here are a few of my favorite laughing shots from Summer 2009, hope they bring a smile to your face :)


0 comments: