Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Macro Learning Curve







Spent some time today shooting around with my new Tamron 90mm Macro lens. I've never used a Tamron lens before and I've never shot with a Macro lens before and it certainly takes some getting used to. I could feel myself getting frustrated at the beginning but just tried to remind myself that everything worth doing, takes a little time and effort! So despite my initial frustration, I walked around searching out flowers, and berries to snap away at. After a couple hours of shooting and then editing through my photos, I came up with these 7 images that I really liked. There are a few others I like as well, but these are my favorites! As I said, it was my VERY FIRST time shooting with a Macro lens, so I am still learning, and I was too lazy to set up my tripod so these are all hand held. 

What do you guys think? Anyone that is photo savvy, or knows a thing or two about Macro photography, feel free to leave some tips for me in the comments area, god knows I will need them if I ever want to progress :) Stay tuned for the Stuffed Mushroom recipe I promised you guys a couple posts ago :)

6 comments:

KimberlyRose said...

wow, I think they came out beautifully!!

PrairieGarden-Liane said...

Fantastic job! If you use a tripod you will have truly amazing shots. I'm shocked these are hand held.

Now, perhaps you can tell me how to label/tag your blog posts! :-) I'm still figuring out the blog thing.
http://prairiegarden-liane.blogspot.com/

My Two Seasons said...

These are gorgeous! You did an awesome job! I'm not sure you need any tips!! You look like a pro already!

SewSweetStitches said...

I can't believe you did these by hand! Do you use flickr? I'd love to see this full-screen! THe berries are my fav. Beautiful!

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

These are gorgeous! Whatever your doing, it's working! :) I love them all!

L.G. said...

these are gorgeous !!!!