Sunday, February 6, 2011

I got a puppy! I shall call her...


...I have no idea! I am totally stuck when it comes to naming this little chicken nugget! She's miniature dachshund, just like my other pup Mel, only she is a dark/dirty red color and I believe she will be a little smaller than my Mel.

This puppy is SO adorable! She has quite the stock pile of personality and is already coming out of her shell. In fact she is gnawing on my hand as I attempt to type this, and barking at her toys next to her. She's ready to play! Actually, she's currently bouncing off the walls. I think I'm in for quite a rambunctious puppyhood with this little one!

The little one is one serious cuddle bug, she refuses to sleep in her kennel, loves to sleep inside my hoodie, loves toys that are bigger than her and loves to harass Mel. Mel is slowly getting used to the new puppy, but I think it will be a little while before the chip on her shoulder becomes less visible.

Anyway, I just can't seem to find a name that flows easily and fits her. I need your help to come up with a name STAT! This poor puppy child has been nameless for too long!

Here's what we've been throwing around so far: Mollie, Celine, Phoebe, Dora, Joey, Piper, Delilah (Lilah)...

What do you guys think? Suggestions/opinions are welcome and encouraged!

4 comments:

SHUTTERWHALE said...

She's pretty cute! I love the photographs of her, they really are precious. Good luck with that one, she sounds like a hand full!

HeritageCurrentCo. said...

Adorable!

Maybe Butterscotch, or Sienna (to reference her color)?

You could also go with something February/V-Day related like Valentina or Cara (meaning "heart").

HeritageCurrentCo. said...

Just thought of another one - Penny!

Artist/Painter said...

Ah so adorable! Congrats! Name, sugar plum, but being a realist I couldn't bestow that on her for life. *laughing* Her breed is renowned for their spunk and entertaining values. They are very bright, happy, merry. Whatever you name her, you are going to be merrily entertained for life! Blessings.