Friday, September 3, 2010

Snapshot of the Day : Metal


I've been spending a lot of my time this summer with the musical boys of a local band called Pillowhead. This post isn't about Pillowhead though, we'll save that for another day and a proper introduction...

Anyway, as I was saying...I've been taking TONS, and I do mean TONS of photos at their shows, both for my own enjoyment and for their promotional use etc etc etc. Schwing!!! I love live music photography! It's becoming an obsession. While it's most certainly a challenge to shoot a live band in less than ideal lighting conditions, it is beyond gratifying getting a really intense shot when the odds are against you. This particular photo is one of my favorites from a show they played the other night. It's minimal, but epic none the less. Don't you think?

I love making jewelry, I really do. But when I grow up, I want to be a photographer :)

1 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I LOVE being a crocheter, but I aspire to being a Poet who writes song lyrics and then photographs the one singing it!...So I totally get where you're coming from!!! ^_^ One day....One day!!!