Friday, May 21, 2010

Yikes! Lets play some Catch Up & Pearl Jam...


Just when you thought I was back on track with my blogging, I go and ruin it by not blogging for a whole week! Jeez! Get it together, Ashley!

While I haven't been able to blog this week, I can assure you there was very good reason.

The first reason...
Business has been booming! It's been so exciting for me to have such a great flow of sales and press mentions, I feel like things are FINALLY starting to come together for my brand :) Oh took what, 5 years? Hey, I'm no complaining, at least its happening!

The second reason...

My little sister Alex graduated from Endicott College! So I had to travel to coastal Massachusetts, to the beautiful Endicott College campus, right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, and watch as my sister and 500 of her classmates graduated! It was a VERY windy day, so lets just say it was NOT a good hair day for most people in attendance, including myself. However, there was an especially cool aspect to graduation... award winning actor,Forest Whitaker, was thier keynote speaker! It was quick interesting and exciting to sit and listen to him speak. He even stood up there and shook every single one of those 500+ graduates hands as they walked across the stage. Very cool, Forest, very cool!

The third reason....

Shortly after returning home from a marathon weekend of graduation excitement my sister and I got in the car yet again to drive 3+ hours to Newark, NJ to see Pearl Jam. Wow, Newark is seriously yucky! But WOW, Pearl Jam is AMAZING live! The Newark crowd was not very energetic, and I unfortunately sat behind a section of the tallest people on earth, but the band still sounded incredible and I CANNOT wait to go to another show! I'll be ponying up a whole wad of cash to get a better seat, and better my chances of not having to watch the show from behind Sasquatch.

Anyway, I guess I'll leave you with a Pearl Jam tune to enjoy! Stay tuned to the blog, I have a couple new pieces getting ready to be rolled out into the Etsy Shop and I'll make sure to announce them here first!

So without further ado, here's Eddie and the guys performing an AMAZING live version of Crazy Mary, for your listening pleasure!

0 comments: