Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Little Things: Thing #3, Sugar Snap Peas!


Crunchy. Fresh. Sugary. Healthy. Green. Delicious. Snaptastic!

I don't know what happened to me, but all of a sudden I'm obsessed with raw Sugar Snap Pea's! But they MUST be raw! No cooked Pea's are welcome in my house! It reminds me of those dreaded days as a child when my Mom would choose to make peas (I could never figure out WHY because they were disgusting!) as the vegetable with dinner even though we all hated them. I was forced to eat at least a spoonful. A SPOONFUL! Like, a big spoonful. That of which I tried to swallow whole and not allow to touch my tongue. I'm telling you, I suffered as a child! My eye's are watering at the thought alone! Good story, I know...moving on...

Back to the kind of peas I actually don't gag at the thought of...Crispity Crunchity RAW Sugar Snap Peas! Do you ever like the "feeling" of chewing a certain something or other? For example I LOVE the feeling of those Vanilla Wafers that taste kinda like ice cream cones. And my best friend Lindsay, HATES the feeling of chewing the marshmallows in Lucky Charms. It's weird to say you like the feeling of chewing something, I know, but, if you haven't gathered that I'm marginally eccentric in my ways by now, I guess it's about time for you to catch up with the rest of the class!

Anyway, I love the "snap" of Sugar Snap Pea Pods, it's so satisfying! Snap, snap, snap. Simple yet glorious all at the same time. I've been enjoying my Snap Peas with a little but of homemade Dill Dip. Highly recommended.

Dear (RAW) Sugar Snap Peas,
YOU. ARE. AWESOME.

(If you are cooked, that statement is immediately rendered false.)

That's all for today :)

2 comments:

My Two Seasons said...

Yum! I love sugar snap peas! But only raw, like you. Cooked peas are nasty!

Thanks for your timely post! You've reminded me I need to plant my peas before it gets too hot!

Michelle

Amy said...

YESSSsss I LOVE raw sugar snap peas-- and they are one of those things I love the FEEL of biting into, too!! Of course we'd feel the same way about them. hahaha

P.S. that duvet cover below is SOOOO perfect.