Monday, February 15, 2010

Whistle while you work on President's Day :)


Ya know what's weird? The music I work best to, that I'm able to totally zone out to, especially whilst sawing for hours upon hours, isn't necessarily the music I'd choose to listen to later that night when I'm unwinding and kicking about in my apartment. I have certain artist's on my iPod that I really work best to, in fact, I feel I'm MOST productive and efficient if I'm listening to Counting Crows. However, other than while I'm in my studio, I don't really listen to them all that much. Something about Adam Duritz' voice must level me out in some way or another. Don't get me wrong, I love Counting Crows, always have, always will, but I seem to really only listen to them when whittling in my workshop.

Why am I finding this so weird? I just had this sudden realization and now I'm fascinated by the psychology of my own work habits. I guess I need to study myself more to find out why it is that when I'm working I automatically turn on Counting Crows and when I get home at night, I turn on Horse Feathers almost instinctually. Is this strange/interesting to anyone else? Probably not, haha, but I felt the need to share with you all...

Happy President's Day to you all! I'll be spending mine in my workshop, working on fun new designs and listening to Counting Crows :) Luckily they have like 7 albums for me to listen to, hours of productively mindless zone out listening pleasure. Wahoo!

OK, OK... Seacrest, out!

P.S. Here's a lovely Counting Crows song for you to zone out to, too :) Although, you might as well really LISTEN because I DO absolutely LOVE the lyrics in this song :) Here is " Anna Begins "...

2 comments:

Noemi said...

I have to agree, it is something odd to think about, BUT it happened to me too just recently. I find I need to listen to music without lyrics when I'm putting orders together and music with lyrics when I'm trying to work on new card designs.

Thanks so much for sharing this :)

Robert said...

Excellent Opportunity to Study

1) Many people still think of online education as a way to take an extra class to supplement their brick-and- mortar education. However, online education, or distance learning, is becoming an increasingly popular way to complete an entire degree. More people are turning to distance learning to complete associates, bachelors and masters degrees……

www.sangambayard-c-m.com