Monday, February 8, 2010

Jessie Baylin - "Leave Your Mark"


Many moons ago, I discovered my buddy Jessie Baylin, her unique voice and her sweet disposition. I even was fortunate enough to make a few pieces of jewelry for her based on lyrics from her songs somewhere towards the beginning of this jewelry journey I've been on. Really gorgeous words, so beautifully written. She has a little bit of a jazzed up Stevie Nicks feel that I find SO refreshing. Anyway, I've been listening to her a lot lately when I'm looking for chill inspiration music to have going whilst working on new designs etc, so I thought I'd share her with you :) It really bothers me that more people don't know who she is, because she really deserves a lot more respect and attention than she gets. I realize that music is just as much of a rat race as the fashion design world, but alas, I will help her fight against the droves of singer/songwriters running alongside her, one dinky blog post at a time :) It's the least I can do, right? :)

You Can buy Jessie's album on iTunes, HERE!

Here Jessie is singing on of my favorite songs of hers, "Leave Your Mark", LIVE :) She is a breath of fresh air :) Enjoy guys!

3 comments:

Mistress E. said...

What a great sound she has! Thanks for sharing, BUT...you forgot to tell us where we can buy her album! (See I'm so old, they're still albums to me...)

Ashley said...

Yikes! Sorry about that :) I added a link in the post :)

ArtsyCraftsy said...

I love her music, thanks for sharing!!

Jess =]