Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sneak Peak: New Jewelry Coming Soon!


I've been working feverishly to prepare myself, my shop, and my inventory, for the holiday gift giving season. I know what your thinking, it's MONTHS away! No, not for me! Once it turns Sept, I start getting very antsy and frantic trying to best prep myself for the holiday rush of insanity. Really, I should have all these items done and listed already but the casting process took a little longer than expected so here I am, behind the 8 ball and trying to make up time along the way.


Anyway, heres a little sneak peak of some of my new castings. Simple and sweet. Some were cast from hand-drawn etching patterns that I etched into sheet metal, some were carved out of wax and some were fabricated and sent off to be molded/cast etc. I'm especially excited about the etched pieces, as well as my cute little double sided pendants that some of you may or may not have been around on Twitter to contribute your ideas and opinions for. It's so fun to go from an idea that pops into your head while eating sherbet in front of your computer on a summer night to an (almost) finished product.

The next time you see these pieces they will look much much different; sparkly, domed, oxidized, etc. Hope you like what you see of these castings in their raw, unfinished form! I know I squealed when I started opening up the package of casted goodies :)

Enjoy!

Oh, P.S.- I hope you guys took a listen to Jes Hudak in my previous post! She's fabulous! Sorry for choosing a song laden with parental advisory lyrics to post but I thought it showcased her really powerful voice and her fun adaptability!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yayyyy!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the finished products!!

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

They are going to be stunning, I'm sure!
I love the little word pendants.

RockLove said...

So excited to see these new treasures finished!

Caitlin said...

Do you cast yourself or send everything out? What kind of casting process do you use? I love lost wax casting using a centrifugal casting machine.