Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Music to my Ears: Meet Jes Hudak

As you may or may not know, I was born and raised in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY. A charming historic city about 30mins north of Albany that provides lots of natural beauty, character and artistic energy for it's resident's and tourist's alike. You can't find many places like Saratoga, so I feel blessed to live out my life here.


Aside from it's general charm, it's history and it's beauty, Saratoga can also boast a number of very talented artists who have called Saratoga, "home". One of them being, Jes Hudak. A incredibly gifted up and coming singer/songwriter with a big voice and nimble fingers who now resides in Los Angeles, California. Jes and I attended the same high school, and while I never knew her personally (as she was a couple years older than me), I recently come across her music and felt so proud to know that another one of us "Saratogians" were making big moves and headed to the top. Who doesn't like rooting for their home team? Plus, I am all about music and grass roots singer/songwriters, so anything I can do to shine a little light on someone I really believe in, totally makes my day!

Anyway, I don't want this post to turn into a regurgitated Jes Hudak bio, rather, I think you should take a listen to her AMAZING, and I really do mean AMAZING voice and talent. When I found this video I pretty much watched it with my jaw on the floor. SUCH killer pipes!

Here's a cover Jes did of T.I.'s song "Whatever You Like", such a unique, fresh take on it! After you listen to this make sure you check out some of her original music and head over to jeshudak.com !

P.S. : Once it gets to about 1:37, it get's SENSATIONALLY fabulous!

1 comments:

balanced. said...

The song is fab!

the dancin' chick totally caught me off guard, haha. Loving it!