Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn...


Goodbye Summer, see you soon...

I'm never especially sad to see summer go. Sure, I will miss Lake George, I will miss summer BBQ's, impromptu gatherings at night and laying out in the sun, but Autumn is always welcome in my life. There's something about the change of seasons that makes me feel more alive, more inspired, more like, myself. Autumn is easily my very favorite season. I've already spent a good amount of time lounging on my deck in the crisp night air of the impending Autumn, enjoying just 'being'. I've had some really great talks with myself out on that deck at night, and have come to appreciate the simple beauty of these garden lights I have strewn across my railing. So lovely. So simple. So perfect.

Hello Autumn, I've missed you.

1 comments:

Amy said...

That's a great photo!! And I'm ready for autumn, too- it's so great when it really starts to smell like autumn outside, isn't it?