Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss...


I'm back! Did you miss me? I know I've been a very bad blogger, but I promise I've been absent from blogland for good reason :) I might as well give you a quick rundown of what I've been up to for the past couple weeks...


Well, a couple weeks ago I started feverishly working on new seasonal items, Halloween items specifically. And, at the urging of my buddy over at Ponder & Stitch, I've decided to bring in oxidized sterling silver pieces as well, offering the bright silver and oxidized silver in my shop I think will be great for business and give my customers even more choices. I took a brief break from my jewelry making marathon to attend a Coldplay concert, which was incredibly fun and inspiring! I used to have a line of music inspired jewelry but got rid of it after a while. After going to such an incredible show, my urge to create some jewelry from some of the music and lyrics that inspire me is bubbling over! Right now I'm just trying to decide the best approach...

After my play date with Coldplay, it was right back to work. I'm proud to say I have somewhere about 40 new pieces! Not ALL of them are completed but it's getting close! I have some things I've sent off to the caster and am patiently awaiting their return to me :) All of my new Halloween items are finished though! Woohoo! I've become quite well know around Etsy for my Halloween pieces, so I certainly felt the pressure to deliver some great new stuff for this year! I'm spending the next couple days listing everything I can.

Aside from making jewelry, I've also been making and consuming lots of Broccoli Salad! No worries, photos and recipe for that coming very soon :) I'm not sure what it is but I've been really into cooking and baking lately. Right now I have a hankering to make some Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Cookies, both of which will have to wait for now, but I've been obsessing about them for some time! Anyone know of a great fat substitute/alternative for butter/oil for baking? I'm a novice baker, so any tips are welcomed!

Anyway, here's a sneak peak of the new seasonal and oxidized stuff, it's not up on Etsy yet so you are the first to see it! Hope you love it, I'll be working hard to list everything asap :)

It's good to be back, so sorry for my very long hiatus! 

7 comments:

Amy said...

Omg!! I am SO excited to see all the new oxidized stuff!! Yay!! Plus I'm jealous you went to Coldplay (very jealous), and also jealous you've been eating broccoli salad!! Well, I've missed you and I'm glad you are back!

Amy said...

Omg, that little bat is so cool, too..

Anonymous said...

I love the jewelry!

Angie said...

I love the skull addition! It's something seasonal for Halloween, but looks like it can be worn all year long. It's reminds me of an art style..mexican I think, but not 100% :o)

Ashley said...

Angie, your right! The actual inspiration for the skulls are the Sugar Skulls from the Mexican culture which are usually made for The Day of the Dead celebrations! Good eye :)

LittleGemsbyKari said...

love the halloween stuff

DIY Fluffies said...

Great stuff, I will keep your shop in mind for christmas!