Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How much is that Froggy in the window???


During a fierce thunderstorm not long ago, I was sitting in my basement, plugging away on my laptop. My basement has full sized windows that are dug out, kinda creating a huge "flower box" of sorts. Unfortunately, it more often traps small animals than it does flowers, and creates a bit of an observation for whoever is in the basement. Cool for me, not so much for the tiny trapped dudes I'm viewing though.


Anyway, as I sat in the basement, a flash of lightening caught my attention and I looked out the window...

When I looked, I was greeted by this little Froggy/Toad fellow, clinging to the bottom of the window. He looked to be in a desperate panic, although it could just be that I'm not really all that knowledgeable about Frog/Toad facial expressions. But his tiny toes were so cute that I couldn't help but grab my new macro lens and take some shots of the little man through my dirty window in the rain. After the storm I helped him out, although I'm sure he will inevitably jump back in. And when he does, I will be there, watching him. I think I'd like to name him Sampson.

It's really too bad that these window boxes only seem to trap frogs and moles...they would be far much more useful if they trapped...Gerard Butler perhaps?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww too cute! And the pictures are great! :D

Amy said...

Awwww, so cute! My window wells are horrible for trapping small animals. One time we were in the basement and looked over and one of the wells was simply FLOODED with baby frogs. We pulled them all out (and stopped counting at 50!!) and put them up front in our pond.

Great pic!

LittleGemsbyKari said...

i'm sure if you could build a window that trapped hunky famous men you'd have yourself one heck of a million dollar invention :)

KimberlyRose said...

awww! Sampson is adorable!

Bri said...

I'd sign up for one that trapped Hugh Jackman. :) Great pictures though! He does have a cute expression on his face.

Grace said...

So cute! It's good that you see them and help them out-- i think it might be kind of terrible to one day look and find a whole bunch of dead toads and moles... :/

Unknown said...

awww... that's such a cute story! Poor little froggy.

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

What a perfect pic! The look on his little face is priceless, and the toe on the window says "help me!" I love it!