Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An Exercise in Relaxation and Self Preservation...


There's absolutely nothing like the feeling of "home" you get when you can lay in bed, in the dark, and listen to your favorite song. For me, this is what my life is all about. Remembering who I am via some of my favorite music is my personal favorite way to relax and get centered when I'm feeling "me" starting to slip away in the madness of owning my own business, the rat race on Etsy, and the seemingly never ending piling up of bills. Sometimes I just need to escape to "my" place, where I feel untouchable and safe. This is how I get there...


Take a listen to one of my all time favorite songs, "For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti" by Sufjan Stevens. Enjoy :)

P.S.- Isn't this picture so fun? Took it the other day just for kicks, and ended up loving it. Holding onto the sun :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beirut & Sufjan (especially Seven Swans) are my "safe place" artists. Mmm.

SewSweetStitches said...

Great pic! It's funny how when I first see it, my brain registers it as the sun and my eyes automatically squint!