Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, To Me!!!

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional." ~Chili Davis
Yesterday, July 7th, was my 25th Birthday. I woke up at my parents summer lake house on Lake George and was greeted by my Dad's patented post-it note birthday message on the fridge. He has a thing for writing notes on post it's and leaving them around for us to find. Although most of the time they read something like "Don't forget to put out the trash!" or "Went to go play Golf", but today, it was a note just for me :) I did my best to ignore the MJ headlines on TV, and the memorial service coverage, as not to put a damper on my day. Instead, I danced around to "Black or White", "P.Y.T." and "Man In The Mirror".

It was a low key kinda day, as I was a little unsure of how I felt about turning 25 so I didn't feel much like making a big deal out of my birthday. Never thought I'd care about getting older, until one day I realized, I'm getting older, then it started to freak me out a tad bit, haha. The weather was stormy and it wasn't a particularly good hair day for me but that didn't bother me any. I spent the whole day with my family, lunching at the Olive Garden, where I enjoyed some yummy Portobello Mushroom Ravioli, then a stop to a local camera store where I picked out my birthday gift! 2 brand spankin' new lenses for my dSLR! After spending about 3 hours in the store I settled on a Tamron 90mm Macro lens and a cheap Canon 50mm lens to play around with for the summer. Love them both for different reasons, but haven't had much time to play with them. No worries though, I will be sure to post my new lenses and sample shots soon:)

My wonderful Mom prepared a delish birthday meal for me with some of my favorite's, including my absolute favorite, Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms! Mmmmmm! It's my grandma's recipe and it's to die for! If anyone wants the recipe by the way just leave a comment and if a few people want it, I will post it up on the blog :) My birthday cake was a homemade Strawberry Shortcake with locally grown Fresh Strawberries! So good that it made me wanna slap my mamma! But, I hugged her instead :)

I always look forward to my birthday because I know it's one day of the year that my brother's are willingly nice to me :) I had a great day, and am getting used to the whole being 25 thing. I have a sneaky feeling that my 25th year just might be one of my best yet!


9 comments:

savor said...

Happy Birthday! I will have to try those mushrooms. I would definitely want to see the recipe!

Jaime/GirlLovesGloss said...

Seriously drooling over the shortcake! Mine and my dads favorite! Soooooo gooooooooddddddd....

By the way, how cute is Dad for the post it ? Mine called me on my birthday a few weeks back and sang a little song. Gotta love dads :-) I turned 26. I didnt like turning 25, it was like " oh my god yesterday I was 20, now Im 25 and have to grow up and get old!" Turning 26 wasnt much better, yet I was a little more positive about it, even though nothing really in my life has changed since my 25th birthday lol.
-jaime

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday to you! You have a great blog and make beautiful jewelry!

YUMMMYYYYYY CAKE!!! and I think your recipe is a must have for my husband would love them!

Hypnotransformations said...

Yummy! Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms! wow! Looking forward to the recipe.

Happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Aww, Happy Birthday dear!!
1) How are you liking the Tamron lense? I have a Sigma Macro and I LOVE it.
2) Gimme gimme mushroom recipe.

F said...

Happy Birthday! Your birthday meal sure looks yummy! I would love to see the recipe for those mushrooms.

Samantha said...

Awww I LOVE that your Dad writes those. How cute, and what an awesome memory. Do you keep them? He has not handwriting.

Samantha said...

oops i mean he has NICE handwriting.

RockLove said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!!

<3 Your biggest industry buddy fan