Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.  ~Moshe Dayan

The 4th of July is here, and I, am ready! Ready for what you ask? Ready for the tasty Red, White and Blue treats, ready for firing up the grill, ready for the heart warming noise of a crowd of people engaged in a simultaneous laugh, ready for Fireworks, Sparklers and a sunset boat ride on beautiful Lake George. I'm ready to feel for the first time in a few years now, truly proud of my country and the direction it is headed, and proud to call Barack Obama my president on this merry American holiday. Is there anything better than 4th of July? The one day a year we all have an excuse to stare at the sky, and remember what it feels like to be a awe struck child and appreciate the little things. Happy 4th of July to you all! 

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful photos of festive food! Maybe next year I'll serve something like that...