Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Puppies, Coccidia and Vet's, Oh My!


The past 4 days or so have been quite the roller coaster! I am dealing with a sick baby dachshund with Coccidia, yuck! This is like having an infant! I am exhausted!

My little puppy Abby began getting sick on Friday, and on Saturday I had to bring her to the Animal Hospital ER, where we were able to rule out Parvo but she had to stay overnight to get IV's of fluids and medications. When I picked her up on Sunday she was still sick, but hydrated enough to go home. By Monday she was dehydrated again and had to be whisked away to the vet where she was given 3 syringes of fluids and a couple of shots. Poor baby, she was NOT happy about that! Today, Abby seems to be doing much better but she goes up and down quickly. She only weighs 4lbs now, which is 8oz less than she weighed on Friday, so I'm keeping a close eye on her. Maybe once all this puppy drama is over I can get back to working on new jewelry and blogging and all that!

In spite of her wavering health, Abby cooperated for some Valentines Day pictures, and so did her sister, Mel :) Awww they're cute!

2 comments:

Amy said...

omg, they are sooooooooooooo cute! I'm so sorry she's sick- that sucks.

Miss you!

Samantha said...

That pup is only 8 ounces less than my baby when we left the hospital at 5lbs! To give you an idea of size and weight haha!