Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Can you play 'The Piano'?


I can't. Except for one song. And believe me, everyone in my family was done listening to that one song about 15 years ago. Anyway, one day I will learn to really play piano...maybe when I'm 75, but still, I'm determined to learn at some point.

And when I do, the first song I want to learn is this piece from the movie "The Piano"... I think I've been obsessed with it since 5th grade. What a weird 5th grader I was, listening to "The Piano" soundtrack and all. I blame it on my parents. We lived in the woods, and we never had friends over after school because we lived too far away. So I listened to music. I often listened to this soundtrack as I did homework, and now 15 years later I still listen to it as I work in my studio. Woohoo! Go me!

Can any of you play this??? If you can, you get a big ol' Waynes World style "schwing" comin' your way!

1 comments:

PoetessWug said...

Just beautiful!! I can see why you want to play it!...I can't play either. My fingers do work fast like that, but with a crochet hook!! ^_^