Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Snapshot of the Day: Meet Macy


I would like to introduce you to Macy, my little black and white Rat Terrier/Lab mix.  She was adopted early last September along with another puppy (who you will meet another day) from my local Pet Smart ASPCA Adoption Day. She was a street dog, born on the mean streets of Tennessee, and shipped up to NY by way of a funky, smelly ASPCA truck. How do I know it was stinky? On the day I met her, her stench stung my nostrils and made my eyes water, but I was able to overlook the funk because of her "Please love me" face. She was originally given the name "Callie" by the shelter, and was also with her brother "Caleb" (who was adopted before I got there) but we quickly changed her name, and of course, gave her a much needed bath. The little peanut was only 7 weeks old when we took her to her new home with us, and was very shy, she preferred to always be standing right under foot anytime we ventured outside, but it didn't take long for her to perk right up! She loves treats, walks with her siblings, belly rubs, kisses, laying like a frog, shredding her dog bed, leaping over the back of the couch in one smooth bound, sitting at the kitchen table like a human, and sleeping sitting up. Anyway, this Summer Snapshot of the Day is of my sweet little Macy, at almost 1 year old (her birthday is July 15th), and lucky for me, she loves the camera! The picture was taken at our lake house in Lake George, NY, after a morning walk. Enjoy!

8 comments:

KimberlyRose said...

Macy is adorable!! And what a story, poor sweety... I'm glad to hear she got to stay in a happy home :)

Jeanne said...

Macy is so cute! I love the black and white photo.

Nancy said...

Happy birthday! You have a really nice shop, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

McKenzie said...

I <3 Macy.

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

She's beautiful! I'm so glad you saved her. :)

Distraction Cake said...

I love Macy! So cute!

eleanors said...

This photo is definitely heartbreaking! You´ve managed to capture her mood perfectly. I guess she is a wonderful friend.

Christa said...

This is a beautiful picture! I found your blog by searching black lab/rat terrier mix breed. My husband and I adopted our fur baby last week and were pretty sure he is a lab/rat terrier mix but after seeing this picture I am sure of it...they could be twins! It is amazing that our story is so similar; Tucker's sister was adopted just before we arrived at Feeder Supply's KY Humane Society adoption day and he too had (and still has) the "please love me face". I would love to ask you questions about Macy so I can gain some insight into Tucker's future but most I am curious how big Macy has gotten?