Friday, July 10, 2009

Recipe Vault: Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms




As promised a couple days ago, I am sharing with you all my scrum-diddily-umptious recipe for Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (I always keep my promises)! Mmmm mmm mmm! I'm telling you, these are to die for! They make a great appetizer for cocktail parties, a yummy side dish, or even the main event of your meal! They are fully vegetarian and 100% delish! Enjoy!

~Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms~

12-14 Extra Large Domestic Button Mushrooms (fully cleaned)
1/4 Cup Chopped Scallions
1/4 Cup Butter (Note: This is A LOT of butter, I typically make it with 2-3 TBSP's at most)
1/4 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese (a moderately priced cheese is fine)
2 TBPS Fine Dry Breadcrumbs (seasoned or plain, it's your choice)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Remove stems from mushrooms, leaving a nice little cup. Chop the removed mushroom stems and saute with scallions in butter until tender but not brown. Stir in crumbled blue cheese, bread crumbs and salt and pepper. Fill mushroom caps with mixture and top with a light sprinkling of more breadcrumbs . Bake @ 350 degrees for 12 mins.

And whaa-la! You have finger licking stuffed mushrooms! This recipe can easily be cut in half, or doubled, tripled etc. Oh yes, by the way, the picture is of the mushrooms before baking, once cooked they will be darker and a little bit bubbly :) Enjoy with a nice cool glass of Pinot Grigio, I recommend Santa Margherita :) Hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This sounds DELICIOUS!

My roommate is allergic to mushrooms... But I still make them since I <3 them!

A good friend of mine had a similar recipe- try throwing in a piece or two of chopped bacon, it's delish!

Miss said...

Even though I'm not a fan of blue cheest, this recipe sounds delicious! Maybe I'll try it with gorgonzola. Either way, Santa Margarita is one of my favorites!

PeculiarForest said...

Yum, I am going to try these!