Friday, July 17, 2009

Meet Marley...


Earlier in my blog, you met Macy, one of my 3 dogs. Today, you will meet, Marley, the middle child :) I adopted Marley on the same day I adopted Macy from my local Pet Smart ASPCA Adoption Day. She also came from Tennessee with Macy, but was a little bit older, and maybe even a little smellier than Macy too. She is a Lab Mix, but the vet says she looks like a Tennessee Bird Dog, which would make sense, and she certainly has the speed and agility of a bird dog. Marley has always been a little goofy, from the day she came home she would bound around clumsily and we lovingly call her Marmaduke. 


Poor little Marley had a nasty case of worms when we took her home but after a few weeks that was all taken care of and she was in playful puppy mode 24/7. She loves to sprint around in circles, weave in and out of trees, and giving hugs like a human. Oh, did I mention that Marley is one of the most chatty dogs I've ever met? She talks to the other dogs in a way I've never quit heard any other dogs communicate in my life, sometimes I swear she's about to start making sense! Also, Marley doesn't fully understand that she'd no a lap dog, as she is the largest of the 3 dogs. But, we play along with it, and let her sit on top of us despite her size. 

The picture on the top right is her as a puppy, the others, are my little Marley just a couple days ago at 1 year old. She's a sweetheart and a cuddle bug, which luckily overshadows her constant barking. 

Stay tuned to meet Mel, the eldest of the dogs, the smallest and the anointed queen of the house!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! And oh-my-goodness, that paw picture is fantastic!

Jacki said...

Oh my gosh, I had a dog growing up his name was Opie. His face looked just like your Marley. I'm a little partial :) She's beautiful. Thanks for showing us.

velvetwoods said...

OH Marley is such a charmer.
I want to hug her.

RockLove said...

Have you ever thought about making an Etsy store just for your photography? Seriously, the way you visualize the grouping of pictures is so unique, this whole JPG would make a perfect print to frame. You are SUCH a talented photographer!